TRANSACT will have an on-site press lounge that will be available to registered, pre-approved journalists for TRANSACT related interviews and work. If you require any additional space or resources for interviews, broadcasts, or podcasts, please contact Laura Hubbard for more information.
MEDIA / ANALYST ACCREDITATION POLICY
To register as press you must be a working member of the news media (editorial), or an industry analyst. Publishers, CEOs of any company, videographers or photographers not associated with a media outlet, account representatives, sales executives, newsletter authors or any type of general manager are not considered as press. In some cases we may ask you to submit credentials before your press pass can be confirmed.
Due to the increasing number of media and analysts attending our conferences, we have established policies for granting complimentary press passes.
If we request to see credentials, please submit one or more of the items listed below. Your complimentary press pass will not be issued without credentials.
- Masthead from a current issue of an industry-related publication listing you as the writer, reporter or editor.
- Two industry-related articles published within the past six months with your byline.
- ETA does not allow publishers to attend as a member of the press. All publishers who wish to attend will need to purchase a conference pass.
- Newsletters will not be considered for media accreditation.
- Content from a recently-published industry-related article that contains your byline.
- Cover of a market research report from the past six months listing you as a contributor with your name, title and company name. Reports must be made independently and not solicited by exhibiting companies.
- Press photo ID.
- Business card from your media outlet reflecting your current title as reporter, producer or photographer / cameraman. All national and local media outlets are welcome, but we encourage registrants to call ahead to make sure you have information about which sessions allow video recording.
- URL and masthead from a current online industry-related publication listing you as an editorial contributor.
- An industry-related article published within the past three months with your byline.
- Content from YouTube, FaceBook, Twitter, personal blogs, forums or users groups will not be considered as media credentials.
- If you write a blog for a company that sells a product or service to retailers, you do not qualify as a member of the media.
- Any web publication or industry-related blog must be a previously established, independent site that is regularly updated with original and current media-related news.
FREELANCERS AND VIDEO PRODUCTION COMPANIES
- For admission as a videographer OR freelance photographer, we require an e-mail / letter from the news director or assignment editor on station / network letterhead saying that you have been assigned to represent the organization in an editorial capacity. Coverage must be done independently and not solicited by exhibiting companies.
- ETA does not grant complimentary press access to photographers who are not associated with media outlets.
- Photographers accompanying a reporter will be allowed to register on site as long as proper identification can be provided and verification from the approved reporter.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT MEDIA ACCREDITATION
ETA reserves the right to deny an applicant a press or industry analyst complimentary pass if sufficient credentials are not provided. Accreditation will NOT be granted to: publishers, CEOs of any companies, general managers, freelance videographers or photographers not associated with a media outlet, account representatives, sales executives, engineers, public relations reps, etc. A history of being registered at previous ETA events does not guarantee approval or waive the accreditation requirement.