Young Payments Professionals (YPP) Scholar Program
Today's dynamic and competitive environment requires organizations to develop leaders who bring a strong foundation of payments knowledge, as well as a wide variety of professional and personal experience to the table. For these reasons, ETA has established the YPP Scholar Program.
Our 2018 class of YPP scholars will hit the ground running in January to begin planning the Young Payments Professionals sessions at TRANSACT. All are invited to attend. Come and meet the YPP Scholars at the ETA YPP Recognition Lunch and at the ETA YPP Reception on Wednesday, April 18.
Congratulations to the 2018 ETA YPP Scholars
North American Bancard
Electronic Merchant Systems
Bank of America Merchant Services
Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss
Sang Eun Park
Goals & Benefits
The ETA YPP Scholar Program provides support, education and opportunity to young payments professionals, and encourages YPPs to assume leadership roles within ETA and the industry.
ETA YPPs stand to gain invaluable insight through this program. ETA’s goal is to provide the elements needed to help our young payments professionals of today grow, build collegial relationships with a class of scholars, and meet with respected leaders from influential companies that matter to the future of payments innovation.
Following their year as an appointed YPP Scholar, ETA invites these young payments professionals to continue their involvement with ETA by volunteering on committees and councils, contributing articles, and taking on an advisory role with the next group of YPP Scholars.
Each of the 2018 ETA YPP Scholars will receive the benefits in 2018 as listed below.
- Currently employed by an ETA member company
- Each of the 10 scholars will represent 10 different companies, though one company may have multiple applicants
- Between the ages of 21-35 years
- Working in payments for a minimum of two years
- Application approved by your supervisor
ETA YPP Scholars Receive
- Complimentary educational courses: seven (7) ETAU courses
- Complimentary registration and travel assistance to TRANSACT
- Assigned a senior industry mentor
- Complimentary exam to earn ETA CPP Certification
- Dedicated networking time at reception with industry leaders at TRANSACT
- Opportunity to contribute to development of YPP session at TRANSACT
- Complimentary registration to Strategic Leadership Forum
- Complimentary registration to TRANSACT Tech events
- April 17-19, 2018: TRANSACT
Please contact Melinda Widlake, Senior Manager, Member Services at 202.677.7411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Selection Committee Consists of the 2017 ETA YPP Scholars
Andrew Nuss, The Strawhecker Group • Andrew Weber, Marcus by Goldman Sachs • Ashley Thompson, TSYS • Charlie Schloredt, Merchant Financial Services • Chelsie Cooper, AfirmPay • Holly O’Shea, First Data • Jamie Pyron, Payment Alliance International • Jennifer Bush, Paysafe Group • Lindsay Sugarman, National Merchants Association • Logan Frye, CardFlight • Shawn Silver, PaymentCloud • Luis Gonzales, eMerchantPay
Our inaugural class of YPP scholars hit the ground running in January to begin planning the Young Payments Professionals session(s) at the 2017 ETA TRANSACT. ETA recognized the YPP scholars during a networking lunch.