Payments Innovators Make Headlines at TRANSACT
More than 4,000 Payments Professionals Converge at the Industry’s Largest Global Event
Las Vegas – The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the global trade association representing the payments technology world, today opened TRANSACT, the annual showcase of payments innovation and the industry’s most powerful opportunity for business. Attended by over 4,000 members of the payments technology community from more than 25 countries, TRANSACT is the catalyst driving the future of payments, where industry professionals gather to connect and get business done. TRANSACT runs today through May 12 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas; on-site registration is open and show passes are available.
TRANSACT’s many highlights include:
- A packed show floor featuring the latest payments innovations from over 200 exhibitors. Attendees will get a glimpse into the future of commerce with the PayPal Tech Innovation Showcase, the Discover Payments Next Zone, and the Payments Pitch Off and E-Pay Innovation Award sponsored by Vantiv.
- A keynote speaker line-up including Craig Vosburg, President of Mastercard North America, Diane Greene, Senior Vice President of Google Cloud, executives from First Data, Clover and ShopKeep, panelists from Amazon, Microsoft and Samsung and a unique merchant perspective from commerce leaders Etsy, Walmart, Dunkin’ Brands and Nordstrom.
- The quarterly Economic Indicators Report, produced by ETA and the Strawhecker Group, which forecasts strong economic growth in the United States. Retail sales are predicted to jump 4.1% this year, the strongest growth since 2014. The report also explores the crucial role of the payments industry in stimulating economic growth. The report finds a 1% increase in usage of electronic payments creates an annual increase of approximately $100 billion in the consumption of goods and services. Access the entire survey here.
- The new Mastercard mobile payments truck, demonstrating the latest fintech technologies including new innovations in artificial intelligence; safety and security; device-based commerce in an increasingly IoT world; and Masterpass online, in-app and in-store.
- Newly released merchant data, including the ETA, Discover Global Network, and BoomTown! Merchant Guide to Modernizing Your Payment System, providing a step-by-step guide for small-to-medium businesses on upgrading their point-of- sale systems. Access an overview here.
- ETA’s relaunched website, which reflects ETA’s increasing influence and evolving membership. The updated site, www.electran.org, will be the go-to address for all verticals of payments’ expanding network.
- A first-hand look at the new Verifone Carbon 8 with a live demonstration on the show floor. The portable POS mobile solution is the latest member of the Carbon family.
- ControlScan‘s all-new technology platform, SecureEdge, which provides a single point of access and interaction with the compliance validation tools and corresponding security services that protect businesses from cybercrime
TRANSACT is the single biggest event tailored to the evolving needs of the payments ecosystem. This is where seasoned industry titans come together with the newest innovators to create long-lasting partnerships across the industry landscape.
For more information, visit www.etatransact.com.
For media inquiries, contact Meghan Cieslak at 202-677-7406, or email@example.com.