Payments Technology Leaders and FinTech Innovators Open TRANSACT
TRANSACT Show Floor Opens and ETA Announces Winners of Star Awards and Tech Innovation Showcase
Las Vegas, Nevada – The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the global trade association representing the payments technology world, opened the second day of TRANSACT with over 200 exhibitors and 4,000 attendees from across the commerce ecosystem. ETA also announced the winners of the 2017 ETA Star Awards, sponsored by Visa, and the Tech Innovation Showcase, sponsored by PayPal. Show-floor passes and on-site registration are still available for TRANSACT at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. Learn more at www.etatransact.com.
TRANSACT highlights include:
- The ETA Star Awards, presented during the Visa President’s Dinner and Gala, recognized contributions of individuals and companies to the payments industry. In a highlight of the evening, ETA President Jeff Sloan presented Diane Faro, CEO, Jet Pay with ETA’s Distinguished Payments Professional Award. Faro is a payments luminary who has a passion for leadership development that includes mentoring and developing women professionals. Reflective of her leadership influence, Ms. Faro is one of the founders of Women Networking in Electronic Transactions (WNET), a national organization that is recognized as a premier professional organization for women in payments. Click here for a full list of ETA Star Award Winners.
- Keynote speakers including Craig Vosburg, President of Mastercard North America and Diane Greene, Senior Vice President of Google Cloud, delivered insights into the future of payments from the insider’s perspective. The keynote line-up also included executives from First Data, Clover and ShopKeep. Friday keynotes include tech panelists from Amazon, Microsoft and Samsung and the merchant perspective from commerce leaders Etsy, Walmart, Dunkin’ Brands and Nordstrom.
- TRANSACT exhibit hall opened, featuring over 200 exhibitors, all showcasing the newest technologies and solutions in payments.
- PayPal announced the winners of the Tech Innovation Showcase Award. The Awards, sponsored by PayPal, bring the latest innovations in payments out of the cloud and onto the show floor. iMobile3 took home the title of Tech Innovation Showcase overall winner along with a check for $10,000. Find the full list of winners here.
- First Data debuted Clover Flex at TRANSACT. Clover Flex is a smart payment terminal designed to fit comfortably as a handheld device or on the countertop.
- ETA and Goldman Sachs released their annual Merchant Acquirer and ISO Survey live at TRANSACT, which forecasts an exciting future for payments. Among key findings, the survey revealed that nearly two thirds of the industry expect faster payment volume growth in 2017. Partnerships, especially for smaller entities, are expected to drive market expansion. Click here for an executive summary.
- The Payments-Pitch-Off, a shark tank-style competition, sponsored by Vantiv, will take place live on the TRANSACT show floor. The Pitch-Off features ten start-up companies demonstrating the best payments innovation. A group of leading payments VCs will select the winner with $25,000 and the TRANSACT E-Pay Innovation Award.
TRANSACT’s global reach brings together, under one roof, the entire payments ecosystem – everyone from the major mobile network operators and equipment manufacturers to online service providers, retailers, retail technology providers, major processors, all of the major card brands and venture capital/investors – thousands of leaders and partners that you need to access to grow your business.
For more information, visit www.etatransact.com.
For media inquiries, contact Meghan Cieslak at 202-677-7406, or email@example.com.